Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012年 よこそ!


Once again, I bring you back to life. This relation is bittersweet.

This journal of sorts has been neglected for quite some time. In turn, I have decided to wipe the dust off that had settled upon it during the latter half of 2011. So here we are in 2012 with a whole years worth of stories to tell. Although things in my life have drastically changed since the last post, this blog has remained the same. Dormant and cold for an entire year. Feeling somewhat sorry for the lack of usage and visitation, I have decided to conjure up this update in between having random conversations taking place in my dorm's lobby between a couple new friends and giving blank stares to the report that was due last Tuesday. I also felt that it would be a good way to start off the new year.

After reading Gary's blog, I must admit that I had a sort of revelation that inspired me to create a new post(Much kudos to you sir). With that being said and homage being paid, the first thing that I would like to inform the people who come here (and those who randomly come across this blog while misspelling the word "fresh blog") is that I will now use this blog to document my experiences in Japan. Unfortunately within the first month of being in Japan, I broke my camera and as much as I would like to say that my camera broke for no reason, I must be honest and state that I did in fact, break my camera. So that leaves me with one option for photos, my phone. The quality isn't great yet, I don't really have any other choice. Anyway it should be the thought that counts but in reality you will think my photos are shit for not being in HD format.

A bit cliche but for the better, I will be doing the whole "pic-a-day" thing where I take a picture everyday and give a brief explanation about the pic. No specifics on aperture, no multiple pictures about this and that, and no long ass essay-like explanations. Just one picture, the name of the setting, photo title and a brief thought...everyday. Hopefully, I keep this going.



Title: New Start
Location: Yokohama Bay, Japan
Description: 6 seconds into 2012 on a party boat in Yokohama Bay. An unforgettable experience limited to 55 people.

No comments: